Jurickson Profar- The Next Rangers Star- | Forum

Thema Ort: Forum Home » General » General Chat
jackky bruce Aug 12

In three years scouting prospects, the events where a highly touted prospect is better still than advertised are few in number. When it comes to Texas Rangers prospect Jurickson Profar, I arrived in Greenville expecting to see a talented, but maybe not elite shortstop prospect and left with a strong belief Profar was the very best true shortstop prospect throughout baseball.

As a person whos much more conservative in my approach to scouting than political leanings, the terms elite, franchise, all-star, gold glove rarely find their way into my scouting reports. In fact, most critiques thrown my way involve my being too critical. When it comes to Jurickson Profar, Ive scoured my notes and video to recognize problem areas in his all-around game, but I simply cant find any. At the moment, the young shortstop is as develop a position prospect as you could hope to find at any level of the minor leagues.

Video after the Jump

From a physical standpoint, you could not find a better physique than Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 Shoes Profars when considering a shortstop prospect. Yes, Profar is lean, but he's the frame of the player who could gain yet another 20 pounds approximately while keeping his agility. With teen shortstop prospects, I usually search for lower half development, or lack thereof when projecting a a players ability to remain at the positioning long term. With Profar, no red flags are apparent which may lead me to think a move from the position just isnt within the cards.

Additionally, his present strength with regards to his frame is great and enables explosive movements both offensively and defensively. With a lot more strength gained through physical maturity along with a solid training regimen, he should become even stronger.

Offensively, Profars swing is a touch loose in terms of extra movement pre-swing and lo s of body control sometimes. The word swinging out of his shoes comes to mind occasionally and Profar should become quieter in the batters box with time. When compared to other Latin American prospects his age, the refinement needed for Profar to iron the kinks is really a fraction Adidas Springblade Pro Shoes of the items other hitters would want. Additionally, a scouting contact place it best when he said, Id rather calm a max effort swing than ask a far more polished hitter to swing harder. Its simpler to take away just a little than ask for explosion thats not there.

And explosion is certainly contained in Profars swing particularly in his wrists. With present plus bat speed bordering on elite, the young shortstop is able to generate much Adidas Ultra Boost 2017 Shoes more power than one would a sume given his wiry frame and perceived insufficient strength. In game action, I witne sed him turn on an internal fastball for a line drive rocket foul which smacked the brick condominiums situated behind Greenvilles form of the green monster. Had the ball been a fly ball with a downward trajectory when bounding off of the building, I would have paid it just some mind. However, this particular batted ball was crushed and still rising during the time of impact.

Additionally, Profar flashed power from each side from the plate during batting practice hitting multiple balls from the park to left-centerfield in the right side, and taking advantage of the Green Monster as target practice from the left side. Within the same hitting group as former first round pick Jake Skole, the crack from Profars bat was significantly louder than the bigger-bodied Skole. At one point, Gurus a buddy who took the road trip with me who was asking, whats so impre sive about this to simply shut up and listen. A couple of swings was all that was e sential for him to understand the difference between so-so and special.

On defense, Profar wasnt challenged in game action, but showed picturesque fluidity and movement in batting practice and pre-game infield. Additionally, Profars arm reaches least well-above average, if not plus for the position allowing him to pivot off his back foot and fire lasers acro s the infield. The main one area which may cause him to fall just lacking gold glove potential at shortstop is his slightly excellent foot speed, but Profars sense of the sport and baseball IQ are present in most areas should only improve with a lot more time on the infield. When the foot speed winds up limiting his range a touch, his instincts and skill to position himself could make in the difference and more.

On the basepaths, Profars in game speed is just a touch above average and may regre s further with time leaving him with average foot speed at physical Adidas Ultra Boost 2017 Shoes maturity. This is really the only real area which doesnt project as a long-term strength. Once again, a high baseball IQ should allow him to increase the speed he does have and get ready as a double-digit stolen base threat in his prime.

When projecting Profar in his prime, I cant help but see him as a better form of White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez. With Ramirez producing back-to-back 4+ WAR seasons, heaven is really the limit for Jurickson Profar considering Adidas Nmd Human Race Shoes his on base skills should be significantly improved over Ramirez. Additionally, Ramirez power numbers look better on paper compared to reality as his huge plate appearance totals add counting numbers. Profar should produce higher wOBA totals just before his prime years with room for more. This leaves Profar a 5-6 WAR player for me leaving him a top-4 shortstop in all of baseball.

For me, the conservative approach would be to label Jurickson Profar an excellent regular with multiple all-star seasons. A more aggre sive a se sment would leave the Rangers shortstop a franchise player worth building a company around. If not for Nationals phenom Bryce Harper, Jurickson Profar would rank as the best prospect I scouted this season.